VIRGINIA BEACH BLUEWATER FISHING CLUB
FISHING FRENZY TOURNAMENT RULES
The purpose of the tournament is to foster good sportsmanship, friendly competition, and camaraderie between Club members. It is designed to promote tagging and encourage healthy release of fish. The tournament duration is the year beginning January 1 and ending December 31. The tournament is open to all club members whose dues are current prior to the date of their catch. Junior anglers must be registered prior to making a catch.
FISHING FRENZY TOURNAMENT AWARDS
ADULT INDIVIDUAL AWARDS (REGISTERED children over age 16 but under age 18)
Billfish – Male club member with the most billfish points
Billfish – Female club member with the most billfish points
Meat fish – Largest Tuna (Non-Yellowfin)
Meat fish – Largest Tuna (Yellowfin)
Meat fish – Largest Wahoo
Meat fish – Largest Dolphin
Meat fish – Largest Striped Bass
Meat fish – Largest Cobia
Meat fish – Largest Flounder
JUNIOR ANGLER AWARDS (REGISTERED Children and Grandchildren, AGE 16 AND UNDER)
Billfish – Junior male angler with the most billfish points
Billfish – Junior female angler with the most billfish points
Meat fish – Same as adult meat fish awards
CLUB MEMBER BOAT AWARDS
First place for boats 28 feet and under with most billfish points
First place for boats 29 feet to 39 feet with most billfish points
First place for boats 40 feet and over with most billfish points
BILLFISH RELEASE POINTS
Swordfish – 5 points per release, Blue Marlin – 3 points per release
Spearfish, White Marlin and Sailfish – 1 point per release
All billfish are worth an additional point if tagged.
- IGFA rules apply to all fish caught, except as noted below.
- To qualify a release, the mate must touch the leader or the leader must touch the rod tip.
- To qualify for an award, you must be a club member with dues paid prior to the time of catch or release.
- Junior Anglers (children and grandchildren 16 years old and under) must be registered with the Fishing Frenzy Chairman prior to the time of catch or release.
- Junior Anglers may be given some fishing assistance. Please use your discretion and keep the help reasonable. The goal is to promote individual effort and sportsmanship.
- Children and grandchildren over age 16 but under 18 compete for adult awards. Children and grandchildren over age 18 must become club members in order to compete for awards.
- Fish released by a non-member from a club member’s boat count toward the boat’s award total.
- All fishing trips must originate from and return to a Virginia or North Carolina port.
- Fish must be weighed on a state certified weight scale.
- ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE CLUB WEBSITE (vbbfc.org.) AND MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CATCH OR RELEASE. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED BY PHONE, WORD OF MOUTH, OR ON PAPER.
Fishing Frenzy summaries will be posted on the club web site and at social events.
Fishing Frenzy Chairman: Ron Teegarden
E-mail email@example.com with any questions